Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The power of words

What is it about writing that makes us writers go back to it?

For the longest time I thought that only if you have a book published you could be called a writer. I am happy to note that even those who are not published are still called a writer. There are many in the unpublished or self published category. Then there are the ghost writers. In my mind comes an image of a shapeless form that holds a pen and fills the paper with words, of course one cannot see them, except for the pen moving across the paper. Cool image huh?

I started writing at a young age but I was paranoid about anyone reading it - I really did not want them to read it. I liked stories, but I liked telling them instead of writing them. But then, I would forget what I said and then the story would sound different.

As I grew older the writing was in the form of papers and essays and assignments. In the working world it was putting information on paper based on what people wanted to see in a format that was easy for them to understand.

Now, I have come back to it and I am still paranoid about anyone reading it - this time I want as many people to read it.

No comments: