Monday, March 9, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

How do you keep your thoughts focused and positive in these troubling economic times?
By having an attitude of gratitude.

What does that mean? It means you look at what you have and be thankful versus looking at what you don't have and be miserable.

I got laid off but I am thankful that my husband has his job.
The cost of going to the doctor has gone up but I am thankful that my family is healthy.
There are those that cannot afford their house but I am thankful that I can still pay my mortgage.
Cost of entertaining yourself has gone up but I am thankful there are activities you can do that don't cost a dime like the library, the park, playing board games or spending time with your family and friends.
Times may look bleak but I am thankful I have my dance that forces me to look above and beyond.
I may not have much to give but I can give my time and attention.

Thank you to my family and friends for helping me keep it all together during these tough times.

2 comments:

Manoj said...

Thank god for small mercies which also goes by the names of family and friends.

Word Dancer said...

You can say that again!!