Monday, June 22, 2009

Learning from kids

Some things you learn when you grow up but sometimes you see things in kids that is so amazing you have to learn from it.

5 year old Kruthika lost her tooth and was very excited that the tooth fairy gave her a dollar. Avinaash, her 31/2 year old brother, came running to hear what the commotion was all about. When he found out that his sister got a dollar he wanted to know where his was. "Sorry", said his dad, "you have to wait until you lose a tooth."

"That's OK, when I lose my tooth I will get a hundred million dollars." Hearing that Kruthika asked,"So what about me?" "You already got your dollar, but when it is my turn I will get a hundred million dollars." Feeling totally sidelined Kruthika started crying about not getting a hundred million dollars when she loses her tooth.

So, what have I learnt from this? You have to hand it to this 3.5 year old, he has nothing in hand but he is so confident that he will get a hundred million dollars, that he made the child who had money cry. Street smarts or amazing self confidence - either way I want to hang around him. I might learn a few more things.

No comments: