Thursday, April 2, 2009

Boycott the recession

I was at a National Honor Society (NHS)Induction ceremony at the high school. They had invited a guest speaker Ms. Donna Zobel, who is an alum and an NHS scholar. I was very impressed with her speech because even in these tough times she was able to instill hope.

My favorite line that she said was "I am boycotting the recession!" I am in full agreement with her. When you listen to the news and the radio and read the newspapers about gloom and doom, your energies start to diminish. The atmosphere that you start to create also starts to reflect dismal times.

The reason why I was impressed was because she was given the Rainmaker award for increasing business during tough ecconomic times. She refused to acknowledge that the recession means slow business, used the tough economic times as an opportunity to look at things in a different way, created possibilities to make money and succeeded.

When you look for possibilities in every opportunity - you will succeed.

2 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

hey i like!! :) call...

Manoj said...

In adversity lies opportunity.