Monday, April 13, 2009

True colors

I always look at everything at face value. Makes it much less stressful trying to work out the mind games and hidden agendas. However, it was interesting to see how people react when you tell them that not everything is hunky dory.

America is a rich country. So much so that you cannot afford to be poor. It takes much more effort to get out of that 'poor syndrome' than if you are rich. I am sure this is not a new concept, but I was experiencing it first hand. Whether it is obtaining credit, maintaining respect of your peers or reaction of family and friends - it is very different when you are gainfully employed than when you are not.

I was not upset - just sensitive to how people reacted. I guess the recession has not really hit all parts of the country. In some places it is just something they hear on the news.

But that is okay - since this too shall pass.

No comments: