Thursday, July 9, 2009

Giving back

When you give more, you get more. I never really believed it. When I was younger, I remember my Dad saying that in order to be successful in business, only if you spend, will you be able to receive. I thought that was an excuse to spend.

But now that I am older - I see the wisdom in what he used to say. When you say spend more - it is not just money - but time too. When you learn something, you go back and teach, when you earn so much more - you give back in money, when you feel you have accomplished so much and feel fulfilled - give back in kind.

I see that in the blogging world as well. As people get more and more successful, those who truly believe in that of giving back - offer it in kind - be it advice, discounts or freebies that normally you would have to pay big money for.

I see it now, happening more and more around me and feel glad to know that there is nothing wrong in doing something because it makes you feel good. So give more and the universe will provide for the rest.

No comments: