Tuesday, July 7, 2009

These shoes are made for running

I did, I finally did get my new pair of shoes. I know a couple people who will be happy, my physical therapist for one, who has been threatening to yank my old shoes off my feet and throw them away on my behalf.

Buying the shoe was a tough choice on two fronts - on one hand it meant that I had to commit to the running - after all they said I would get 300 - 500 miles out of these shoes - so if I run 10 miles a week we are talking 30 weeks - hey not bad eh?
On the other hand I had to give myself permission to pay for these expensive shoes. That was hard to do.

Most of us are value conscious and in the process we tend to settle for the lesser quality for the sake of price. But I have noticed you get what you pay for. You buy shoes at Payless, it will last only 3 months, 6 months max - that is why you paid less for it.

As you get older you don't want to take a chance with injuries, actually you never want to take chance with injuries at any age, but the recovery time as you grow older is longer. Why chance it?

So what did I find, I am not a pronator or a supinator, I have beautiful arches so i got a regular shoe. The best part is I get to try it in the gym for a week and if it does not work - I can return it. Pretty neat eh? Will keep you posted on any updates.

No comments: