Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Full circle

I have to keep asking myself to make sure I don't lose my focus - why am I doing this? When I first started blogging it was to get words on paper. Then I started thinking about making it a regular feature so that people could read. Not knowing anything about the web, I joined a course that walks me through the process. Reading other people's comments made me realize how much there is to learn.

Once I started on that route, it was about how do you create a viable business and what all are you willing to do about it. You have to come up with a plan and a goal and work towards it. Therein lies the key. You have to decide what you want. Does anyone know how hard that is? Knowing what you want, I mean. Sure you want money, fame, glory - who doesn't?

So I thought about it - read up all the literature I could find- and guess what - my mother was right - there is no substitute to hard work. (I knew that already but still) You want to be good - you better have something to show. When you look up how many people actually make a living by blogging full time - not very many. Those who do have been at it for a while.

So I finally came back and asked myself - why am I in this? To write. What do I want to accomplish - write and hopefully there will be those who read it. Now if I write and people read it and I get paid for it - in the voice of Eliza Dolittle - wouldn't it be Loverly?

I looked back at my goals for the year and realized I am short on number of posts for the year. So I ask myself again

Q: Why am I doing this?
Myself: To write - now get back to writing.

3 comments:

Manoj said...

Having a voice in the head helps sometimes :-))

Manoj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manoj said...

Even if you don't make money, you will have made a few faithful follower of your writing and some are already a big fan bordering on addiction for your posts. Historically, money has always followed good writers. You are a good writer so it is only a matter of time.