Sunday, May 17, 2009

Courage

I remember hearing somewhere that being courageous is doing something really dangerous without thinking about the consequences.

So I guess if you have to think about the repercussions of every single action - then you are a scared cat or just very cautious.

I am the only one who seems to be doing things in a way that nobody else does. My better half has no qualms in telling me that I never seem to follow the norm. I guess following the norm guarantees success in the way you do things because you can always see a pattern.

But what do you do if you march to the beat of a different drummer? People seem to see you as an anomaly. I guess I have always been that way - different from everyone. It is easier to keep quiet since nobody gets what you say anyway - but the world operates a different way. They seem to thrive on those who make the most noise or make the most money or make the biggest fool of everyone.

So what do you do - whatever you have always done. Think about what you want to do, focus on the positive and just keep going.

No comments: