Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 6

The schedule said cross train - but being the weekend - I could only do stretching and some dancing of course. If I sweat I know I worked out - usually I don't
break into a sweat. Maybe I never worked that hard before?

As I get ready for the long run on Sunday - I had to find out about speed training. So I asked the question:

Q: I am training for the half marathon. So for the entire 13.1 mile should I be able to maintain a conversation and not be out of breath and that is what the speed training is for?

A:Speed training gets you out of the rut of running a set speed all the time. A lot of people who jog will only jog at one speed .. no matter how long they've been doing it. It is comfortable to them and they don't want to change.

Speed training will teach your body to recover and encourage you to run faster. You probably won't do any speed training until you can consistently run long distances. Say you can run 6 miles in an hour on a consistent basis.Speed training will encourage you from running a 10 minute mile to a 9 minute mile to less (with more practice) .. so you'll get faster

No comments: